Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Traveling in Chicago

Traveling in Chicago

I went to Chicago with some other Koreans. I was excited before I left. And I was looking forward to seeing a big city in America. We went there by Amtrack. It took about 4 hours to arrive Chicago from Carbondale. Actually, Chicago was a really big city. I could see many tall and big buildings there. On the first day in Chicago, I went to the John Hancock center. I will never forget the beautiful scenery I saw. The next day, we went around downtown Chicago. Chicago is a typical American city. But for me, the city seems a little bleak. Personally, I don’t like the bleak atmosphere in cities. That means not only for Chicago but also other cities. Anyway,I experienced many good things in Chicago. In the evening we went to Navy pier. We also could see the beautiful scenery city there. We took many pictures but it was too bad that the weather was s ocold. The last day in Chicago, we went to an art museum. I was so glad that I could see many paintings there. I was happy when I saw Lunewar’s painting. The name is ‘At the piano.’ It is one of my favorite paintings. I saw many impressionistic paintings. But the museum was too large to see all the paintings in a short time, so I couldn’t go around the whole museum. We also went shopping. The price of goods in the shopping center where cheaper than I expected. I spent a good time in Chicago during all 3 days. I want to remember the time in Chicago for a long time.


Yi mi-rae