Wednesday, February 23, 2005

My travel

Hongju Jun
EAP1
Feb 23 2005

Travel in New Orleans
I traveled in New Orleans last weekend. Pretty long trip cuz I took a train for 14 hours from Carbondale to New Orleans. It's my for the first time to take a amtrak so I was excited.
It was warm and sunny when I arrived there. And the slight wind felt pleasant! There wasn't anything better than at that time. First I looked for my inn. I tried to get a hotel near the French Quarter but that was very expensive. So I decided to get a hostel a little far from French Quarter.
At night, Bouburn Street was good place enjoy music and drink. There are many live bars and street musicians. On the other hand it is pretty wild there. Many people buzzed and girls sometimes flashed people.
I visited there during the Mardi Gras festival. So there were a lot of travelers and I could see some parades on the street. It was also exciting.
I won't forget this trip. And I'd like to visit there someday.