Friday, February 18, 2005

Mrs. Caldwell's House (JunHui)

One of the good experiences I?ve had here was our trip to Mrs. Caldwell?s house the first week. That was my first time to visit an American?s house. The house was so pretty that I was very impressed. Most of walls had decorations such as pictures, dishes, candles, lamps, and little tiny things. And there were many things we could play like a pool table, a ping-pong table, and even a swimming pool ?actually I didn?t see the swimming pool myself, but I heard about it. The atmosphere of her house is so different from mine. Even in her bathroom, I felt like it?s a pretty place to enjoy myself. I thought Americans are sensitive to Beauty ( I don?t know how to describe it, I think Americans have a ?sense of beauty ?). And one more interesting thing was the way she served the food. I was already full to the top with the Korean food Mrs. Caldwell and her husband prepared. But she kept serving us cakes and ice cream. Before that, we also had tea. But she kept asking ?Does anyone want more tea, or more cake?? One last thing I?m interested in is that who cleans the house. The house was very large and the floor was covered with carpet. If people don?t take off their shoes, then the carpet gets dirty very easily. I wonder if she vacuums her house herself. Anyway, it was interesting to see a house which is very different from mine.

JunHui