Friday, February 11, 2005

dinner invitation

The fist weekend that I came here to Carbondale, We were invited to dinner by Catherine. Jessica came to our dorm to pick us up

Catherine and her husband welcomed us warmly. The house was so fancy and the pictures on the wall make the house much more beautiful. I liked the hearth in the living room. I’m living in an apartment, so I don’t have that gorgeous utility in my house.

Catherine prepared a lot of food. She even prepared Korean preserved radishes for us. How kind she was! I really appreciated her.

I met one Korean professor in her house. We talk about how great our characters are. I learned a lot that I didn’t know yet. It was a very good lesson.

I think American husbands are more helpful with the housework. Usually the wife of daughter usually serves the guest in Korea.

Catherine’s husband’s kindness gave me a good impression. I also had a good time with the two cats in the house. They were so cute. The black one was very similar to my pet which I used to feed

The food was really nice and felling was so worm. I have had a great time there.

SALLY