Friday, February 11, 2005

Travel diary 1. Miami

Essay 2 – travel diary 1. Miami

First day
There was an urgent meeting before we left Carbondale to Chicago. Mrs. River is very worried about too many people traveling in our group. We do not talk a lot to her because we have not enough time. We just get into the train. It’s a bit dirk inside Amtrak. It takes five and half hours to get the Chicago. We arrived at Chicago at 9:35. Them it took another to find the Youth hostel that we reserved. I can’s sleep well, because I call my professor and he is very worried about itinerary of Toronto. He advised me to cancel it.

Second day
Chicago International Airport is very easy to go to.
It’s only $1,75 to get there. Everything’s fine to get to Fort Lauderdale. I just canceled my Toronto flight after getting there. The penalty is $200. My god! The worse thing was I can’t get the flight money refunded. It just remains as my credit. And I have to use it within a year. I was so blue. But I met my friend, Tracy. It takes almost 5 years after I decided my mind to go and see her.

FLORIDA is far, faraway from my country. We have dinner together. And we went to her house, which is very big and gorgeous. We had a chat a lot about her fiancé and her engagement ring cost $5,000. I don’t have any silver ring on my finger, but I still miss my boyfriend.

Third day
We went to Orlando to go to Disney world.
I never know that I can go there. It’s a dream place to me. We go to MGM in Disney world. An attraction call Hollywood Tower is really exciting. We takes a lot of pictures. I bought some presents for my friends and give them to show my appreciation. they like it. I feel so happy that I could do something for them

Fourth day

We got up late. Because we talked too much last night. And we went to bed at 7 o'clock morning. Tracy's friend Taihun was very interested in Korean politics and political science is my major. We have late brunch in Cheeze factory and go to a big outlet. I bought some clothes in there. After shopping we go to Miami beach. Miami is not a suburb. It's a big city. I really like Miami. We had a dinner in a good restaurant and had some cocktail in one gorgeous hotel at the South beach.

I really had a great time with her and her friend. And I'm very afraid that I couldn't stay longer. I really hope that she will be happy with her future husband


SALLY